Ant: [Scribus] Scribus in C Vu

MaHan ma_han2000
Thu Jun 2 11:20:34 CEST 2005

--- Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that the Association of C and
> C++ User Magazine, C
> Vu, is starting a mini series on the porting of
> Scribus to Win32. It
> also covers many other porting issues related to
> projects I'm involved
> with.
>
> C Vu is a referenced journal, so it can be cited in
> research
> documentation and can also be used as a technical
> reference for research
> appraisal (it therefore now counts as an active
> research project within
> Higher & Further Education).
>
> The mag is due out in July and I'll post the PDF of
> the article on my
> all-the-johnsons site after publication.

Hi,
it's good to hear there will be yet another place
where we can read about your work on the Windows port.
What confuses me a little bit (and please don't
misunderstand me, I don't mean to sound rude), is why
don't you use the already existing Scribus team
infrastructure to inform about your progress? There is
this feature request
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15 assigned to
you, where your last note dates from December 2003,
not to mention your outdated blog
http://scribusdev.blogspot.com/ and there have been
many unanswered questions regarding this windows port
. There are other places within the Scribus
infrastructure like www.scribus.net, wiki.scribus.net,
etc., where you can place a nice screen shot, or a
test build for Wind32 -- why not using them?

cheers
Maciej