[Scribus] Translators needed: DTP/Printing glossary on the Wiki

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jul 30 04:16:05 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Johannes has set up a Wiki page for a glossary on scribus/DTP/printing
> terminology. There's already a lot of stuff online, but so far we only
> have translations in Polish, German and a few in Dutch. We also need
> even more terms to be added from experienced users/professionals.

This sounds like a good idea.  I wonder if there would be a way, best
considered now that this glossary is in its infancy, to have at least
some selected lists alphabetized according to different languages.  As
it is, it is useful for translating from English to other languages, but
what if you run across a term in German, how would this list help?

I could use postgresql, for example, to be able to sort by whatever
language I wanted, but I don't know if an sql-like interface exists for
a wiki.
If anyone is interested, I could create a psql table which could be
uploaded to the wiki site. Aside from being able to import a database
table, postgresql can export files as html tables.

Greg