[Scribus] pictures too dark

Owen rcook
Fri Jul 22 02:27:58 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:11:55 -0500
robert <robert at spotswood-computer.net> wrote:

> I've just starting using 1.3.0 (July 14, 2005 build) and I can export just
> fine. The problem is the pictures look very dark in Reader (7.0). I've got
> the export set for screen/web and I didn't find anything in archives. Just
> out of curiousity, I also loaded the pdf up in xpdf, and while the fonts look
> bad, the pictures are fine. Can anyone explain what's going on?

I just saw your next message but will ask the questions here

What sort of pictures are they, tiff,png etc.

Under what circumstances do they look 'right'. For example, I take it they look allright in native scribus, but what about Gimp or some other image viewing program

Have you made a monitor profile with lprof? (That might be a red herring)

What does it look line in Acrobat-5.0.8, (I ask that because I get different colors from different Acrobats)

All this colour stuff is a black art!

Owen