[Scribus] pictures too dark

robert robert
Fri Jul 22 03:40:23 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 19:27, Owen wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:11:55 -0500
>
> robert <robert at spotswood-computer.net> wrote:
> > I've just starting using 1.3.0 (July 14, 2005 build) and I can export
> > just fine. The problem is the pictures look very dark in Reader (7.0).
> > I've got the export set for screen/web and I didn't find anything in
> > archives. Just out of curiousity, I also loaded the pdf up in xpdf, and
> > while the fonts look bad, the pictures are fine. Can anyone explain
> > what's going on?
>
> I just saw your next message but will ask the questions here
>
> What sort of pictures are they, tiff,png etc.
>
> Under what circumstances do they look 'right'. For example, I take it they
> look allright in native scribus, but what about Gimp or some other image
> viewing program
>
> Have you made a monitor profile with lprof? (That might be a red herring)
>
> What does it look line in Acrobat-5.0.8, (I ask that because I get
> different colors from different Acrobats)
>
> All this colour stuff is a black art!

Too dark...black art. Very punny of you :)

Anyway, the pictures are png's. They look fine in the GIMP (where I edited
them), and gqview, and in Scribus. Ironically, they also look fine in xpdf
and Reader on Windows. It's only Reader for Linux that displays the problem.

I haven't done a monitor profile since I've never needed it. I did set my
color temp to 6500K though.

I don't have 5.08 anymore, so I can't check it on that. But xpdf displays the
pictures correctly...
--
Fail to learn history-repeat it.
Fail to learn rights-lose them.