[Scribus] curious cups.h

Martin Langeland dumluks
Mon Jul 18 18:11:18 CEST 2005

Dear All,
Many thanks for the great job on Scribus 1.3!
But a curiosity occurred during configuration which I have seen with
other programs as well so I don't think it is a fault in Scribus, but as
I have found no other mention of it elsewhere I thought this might be a
start.
My machine is an AMD K6-II 500 with 384 MB ram and SuSE 9.3 (updated).
Cups Development Libraries (libgnomecups-devel) is installed although I
can find no file called cups.h

Near the end of ./configure a message appears to say that it can't find
cups.h. Then it tells me to run make.
Make runs with what seems like a lot of warning messages and takes a
long time (more than an hour) but does complete. Then make install goes
well and the program works.

Am I in fact missing something? or is there some sort of misstep somewhere?

Many thanks for your assistance.
--ml