[Scribus] curious cups.h

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jul 18 18:26:50 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 09:11 -0700, Martin Langeland wrote:
> Dear All,
> Many thanks for the great job on Scribus 1.3!
> But a curiosity occurred during configuration which I have seen with
> other programs as well so I don't think it is a fault in Scribus, but as
> I have found no other mention of it elsewhere I thought this might be a
> start.
> My machine is an AMD K6-II 500 with 384 MB ram and SuSE 9.3 (updated).
> Cups Development Libraries (libgnomecups-devel) is installed although I
> can find no file called cups.h

libgnomecups-devel != libcups-devel

since your lib names are "devel" not "dev" I'm assuming you're using
Debian (please always specify this in mailing list posts)

The README file should've directed you to BUILDING, which has a section
on required packages for Debian. One of those was libcupsys2-dev . You
might want to read over those two files, anyway.

> Near the end of ./configure a message appears to say that it can't find
> cups.h. Then it tells me to run make.
> Make runs with what seems like a lot of warning messages and takes a
> long time (more than an hour) but does complete. Then make install goes
> well and the program works.

You'll be missing a lot of printing functionality, though.

--
Craig Ringer