[Scribus] starting Scribus 1.3

Robert R. Di Giorgio bobdi
Mon Jul 18 05:16:06 CEST 2005

I downloaded and installed Scribus 1.3.0 according to the instructions
in the INSTALL file. It seemed to work OK, that is, ./compile, make,
make install and make clean all ran and ended without error messages at
the end. But only Scribus 1.2.2 appears (as "Scribus") in the panel, and
I can't find any way to open 1.3. I'm used to finding the .exe file in
Windows apps and clicking on them directly if they won't open properly,
but I don't recognize equivalent files in Linux. Is there a file I can
use to open 1.3.0 and create a link to?

I'm running Fedora 4, P4, 1.5G RAM, many G's hard drive.

Thanks. Bob Di Giorgio