[Scribus] scribus 1.3 - drop down menu for special characters

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 18 22:41:57 CEST 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 01:51, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> one of the features in scribus 1.3 that nearly blew me away, was the
> opportunity to insert many important typographical characters from the
> drop down menu. That's fantastic.

More to come when I get a chance in the 1.3.1cvs time period. These will also
appear in the Story Editor's menu too when I rewrite the SE menu system.

> However, in terms of usability, some visual examples, at least for
> printing characters, would be worth adding. This will speed up
> productivity, especially for beginners.

The problem is we rely on the glyph existing in the font used by the GUI,
which is usually different to the one used in the text frame. They are
disabled if the font in the frame doesnt have them. Would be possible to
detect the ones from the GUI font, however Scribus may not even know about
that font... hmm.

Craig