[Scribus] Problem with ICC color conversion or profile embedding

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Mon Jul 4 22:08:50 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 4. Juli 2005 15:47 schrieb dont-use-77 at arcor.de:

> I put the scribus files and the scribus-exported pdfs on a website:
> www.absentia.de/scrtemp/index.htm in case you care to take a look.

> Now if I compare the resulting pdf using Acroread7, the colours, of objects
> that should have remained the same,  look quite different (the green stuff
> on the page, like the vertical bar on the right hand side). Is Acroread
> playing tricks on me, or what did I do wrong?

I had a look at your files; in Scribus the vertical bar appears yellowish, in
your PDF-files in Acrobat Reader 7 greenish. If I do the export of your
Scribus file into PDF-X3 here without profile for solid colours in the PDF-X3
export colour tab the colour appears right in Acrobat Reader 7. So as far as
this colour is concerned it is a matter of profile settings.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht