[Scribus] Problem with ICC color conversion or profile embedding

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 4 17:38:03 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 16:09, Tino Schwarze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 03:47:39PM +0200, dont-use-77 at arcor.de wrote:
> > Now if I compare the resulting pdf using Acroread7, the colours, of
> > objects that should have remained the same,  look quite different (the
> > green stuff on the page, like the vertical bar on the right hand
> > side). Is Acroread playing tricks on me, or what did I do wrong?
>
> Don't trust Acroread7 on Linux for CMYK colors. At least, this is my
> experience. Use Acroread5 for this. AFAIK, Acroread7 on Windows doesn't
> have this problem.
>
> Can anybody confirm this?

Adobe Reader 7 does have some colour/transparency issues on Windows too, but
not all that it has on Linux. As Tino says, try to have both versions
installed. Use Acro7 for most of the time, ie, except when needing more
exacting and CMYK colour viewing.

Craig