[Scribus] Problem with ICC color conversion or profile embedding

dont-use-77 at arcor.de dont-use-77
Mon Jul 4 15:47:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm new to this list and to Scribus. I'm using 1.2.2CVS (Debian) to prepare a letterhead, drawn with
inkscape, for print (4c, offset). I seem to be having trouble with color conversion or embedding.

I put the scribus files and the scribus-exported pdfs on a website: www.absentia.de/scrtemp/index.htm
in case you care to take a look.

"original version" and "version 2" should be identical, except for the blue objects on the page, whose CMYK and transparency values I changed slightly (more saturation, shade instead of transparency).

The ICC settings and ICC export settings were identical, I double checked that.

Now if I compare the resulting pdf using Acroread7, the colours, of objects that should have remained the same,  look quite different (the green stuff on the page, like the vertical bar on the right hand side). Is Acroread playing tricks on me, or what did I do wrong?

A related question: I set those shaded hexagons at the bottom of the page to "Blue, Shade:10%" in
the second file ("version 2"). But my acroread renders them quite dark, too much so. I'd be curious if
you see the same (I'd expect "10% of any colour" to be so light that it hardly prints!).

Thanks,
Johannes