[Scribus] PDF for the web

Vladimir Zborowski vladimir
Sun Jan 30 12:42:33 CET 2005

Hello,
I was trying to make a Web version of a one page PDF and couldn't get
under 600 Ko,  due to font embedding. I tried  to subset the fonts, but
the texts were then converted to outlines, which doesn't really suit a
Web PDF (the display is not great and copy/paste of the text becomes
impossible).
I looked in the bugtracker and found explanations in bug n? 0001354 :
"subsetting, which at this stage converts to outlines."
So, my questions is : Is this point corrected in the current cvs
version  (at the moment I'm using Scribus 1.2.1 - 8 january 2005 C-C-T.)
? Is it planned to be corrected soon ?
Thanks for your answers and for this so cool app.
Vlad