[Scribus] python file display toy - showfiles.py

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jan 26 02:40:37 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 19:48 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>

>>Craig Ringer wrote:
>>

>>>I've attached a modified version of your script. This version will work
>>>correctly under Scribus. It's the worst hack I've ever committed - and I
>>>do think committed is probably the right word - but it does, in fact,
>>>work. See the comments on the script for why.
>>>

>>At least with my version of Scribus, when I kill your script, then
>>Scribus is dead -- won't respond.
>>

>How did you run it? It'll only work on an unmodified Scribus from the
>script console - use 'execfile("/path/to/script")' . That's because of
>the way Scribus runs scripts - I've posted detailed explanations before
>(IIRC one in response to Kobus's question about multi-threading).

Ok, that's it.  Now I can get it down to the listbox only, without
Scribus crashing or freezing.
Ultimately, I'm trying to create something that works with Scribus
("scribalbum"), then goes away, so this won't be an issue by then.

Greg