[Scribus] python file display toy - showfiles.py

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jan 25 14:24:12 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 19:48 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> >I've attached a modified version of your script. This version will work
> >correctly under Scribus. It's the worst hack I've ever committed - and I
> >do think committed is probably the right word - but it does, in fact,
> >work. See the comments on the script for why.
> >

> At least with my version of Scribus, when I kill your script, then
> Scribus is dead -- won't respond.

How did you run it? It'll only work on an unmodified Scribus from the
script console - use 'execfile("/path/to/script")' . That's because of
the way Scribus runs scripts - I've posted detailed explanations before
(IIRC one in response to Kobus's question about multi-threading).

If you did in fact run it from the script console or with 'Load
extension script' and the macro patches, then I'm interested in more
information about what's going wrong.

--
Craig Ringer