[Scribus] [Fwd: Problems/Problemas and Sugestions]

Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes fggdebian
Sun Jan 16 00:43:20 CET 2005

Hi Craig, Ludi and everybody else,

Consta no registro %CB15516 do Livro da Grande Teia que
Craig, em 15/01/05 escreveu o seguinte:

> > But, how anything is perfect...
> > I'm Brazilian, so I speak Brazilian Portuguese.
>
> There were two people interested in creating a translation for
> Brazilian Portugese in the recent weeks. I havent heard back yet.

I'm here...   8-)

I'm doing the translation/revision of previous translation and have some
questions about technical terms... I guess Ludi may help me with this...
  8-)

The work is almost finished. Two more weeks and I think I may send it,
ok?

> > When I try to write words with ?, ? or ? nothing happens...
> >
> > Take a look at screenshot...
> >
> > In Story Editor the things looks ok, but when I try to write
> > directly to text frame, the ~ and ? aren't show up...
> >
> > When I try to up date the text frame through story editor, the same
> > problem.
> > I already change the fonts and use "Font Style" but nothing happens
> > too...
>
> This has come up with a few languages, but the only explanation I can
> see is that it might be input locale related or system related in some
> way as I can type those characters just fine (I'm using a Swiss French
> keyboard on a laptop, with British English default in KDE).

I don't have this problem here... My accents are working with no
problem... Locale definition is a great candidate for the problem.

And Ludi, may I contact you privately to talk about the translation?

Regards,

Frederico
Linux User #228171
Debian-BR User #434
MinaS Livre <http://www.minaslivre.org>

"Liberdade, essa palavra que o sonho humano alimenta, que n?o h? ningu?m
que explique e ningu?m que n?o entenda." (Cec?lia Meireles)