[Scribus] [Fwd: Problems/Problemas and Sugestions]

Ludi Maciel iludi
Fri Jan 14 18:55:21 CET 2005

Hi,
My name is Ludi and I'm a graphic designer,
I want to thank you for the beautiful work done in Scribus.

The program has reach almost everything possible for a designer.

But, how anything is perfect...

I'm Brazilian, so I speak Brazilian Portuguese.

When I try to write words with ?, ? or ? nothing happens...

Take a look at screenshot...

In Story Editor the things looks ok, but when I try to write directly to
text frame, the ~ and ? aren't show up...

When I try to up date the text frame through story editor, the same problem.

I already change the fonts and use "Font Style" but nothing happens too...

Last but not list, when I highlight a text the program crash.

I use SuSE 9.2 and I have installed the Scribus 1.2.1, but I have faced
the same trouble with suse official's package, the guru's package and
your package in sourceforge.

I want to know to, how can I use Inkscape in Brazilian Portuguese and I
have some suggestions:

Support to PDF X3 (it's much improved than another version, principal in
transparency and color);

Support to Portuguese interface ;

Use OpenOffice dictionary to check spelling;

Integration with InkScape.

Sorry my worst and wrong english.