[Scribus] scribus and freetype2 problem...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 17 11:27:48 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 10:50, Matthias Gessl wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have a problem running scribus with newer versions of freetype 2 (at the
> moment 2.1.9 but it seems to be all versions > 2.1.3).
> using newer versions i get a crash on startup. i tracked down the problem
> to a line in 'scfonts.cpp', in method 'void SCFonts::AddScalableFonts(const
> QString &path)' the line
> 't->cached_RealName = QString(FT_Get_Postscript_Name(face));' seems to be
> responsible for this crash... seems like FT_Get_Postscript_Name(face)
> returns null (it doesn't do so in freetype-2.1.3)...
> oh yes, i should mention... this happens when scribus scans my truetype
> fonts.

Hi Matthias

Can you try changing the lines from:
t->cached_RealName = QString(FT_Get_Postscript_Name(face));

to:
if (FT_Get_Postscript_Name(face)!=NULL)
	t->cached_RealName = QString(FT_Get_Postscript_Name(face));

and rebuild just as test. I think we might have to throw away the font or
report some information to the console or make a fake realname from the other
data we have there. Can you tell what font its crashing on there btw?

regards
Craig