[Scribus] Looking for a way to import Word-Doc

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Feb 17 03:31:56 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 10:41 -0800, Russ wrote:

> My big problem has been coverting my MS Pub documents, basically I
> rebuilt them in Scribus.

Unfortunately there aren't many options there. I expect it'd be possible
to write an MS Publisher importer plugin, but one would need
documentation on the format and a *lot* of time. Plus, if I recall
correctly the Publisher format changes more version-to-version than most
other DTP formats (which is saying something!) so one might end up
writing more than one related importer. Ouch.

Can you get the Publisher users to export their text content and images
then provide you with a PDF proof? That's what I normally do here when
advertisers try to send us MS Publisher despite the big red letters in
our accepted formats list.

--
Craig Ringer