[Scribus] new version won't run-SuSE 9.0

Kinene Barzin clearlakechamber
Wed Feb 9 19:00:23 CET 2005

I am runningScribus with SuSE 9.0 on an aged IBM Thinkpad 600E.  I downloaded
the rpm of 1.2.1 for 9.0 yesterday.  After running Yast to load the program,
and adding a number of libraries from my program disks, I tried to run
Scribus.  It attempts to start and shows the splash screen, but then
apparently crashes.

When I try to start the program from a shell, I get this error:
./scribus: relocation error: /usr/lib/scribus/plugins/
libscriptplugin.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_SetDefaultEncoding

Any help would be appreciated, as I use Scribus to publish our Chamber of
Commerce news letter.

--
Kinene Barzin
Office Manager,