[Scribus] Fw: [Scribus 0000015]: Windows Port

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Feb 7 20:27:55 CET 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:57:39 +0800
Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

<snip>
> Additionally, it's very important to realise this is for Qt4 and Qt4
> only. Scribus is *nowhere* *near* being compatible with Qt4. My
> personal understanding is that it's on the roadmap "somewhere after
> 1.4" but I'm sure one of the friendly devs can answer that properly.
>
> The changes between Qt3 and Qt4 are big and invasive. It's a
> non-trivial port.
>
> In other words, patience is probably going to be required unless you
> feel like taking a lot of work upon yourself...

Hi Craig R.,
to avoid any misunderstandings: I'm not interested in a Windows port at
all. More over, I would consider it a terrible waste of time and
ressorces, if one of the core devs  started to work on such a port now.
What I was thinking of, was, that if anyone on the list should be
interested in diving in and starting looking into this issue, there is
at least from now on a clear perspective for distributing this port
legally, once it is done.

br
Maciej