[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Sol10 continued

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Feb 2 07:44:04 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 23:36 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:

> I've done a clean cvs on the Solaris system, and did the make -f
> Makefile.cvs. This finished, but had an error part-way through. I'm not
> sure, but this may help point to something (I'm trying a build anyway).
> The error was:
>
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:36: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_WXCONFIG
> *** Creating configure

OK. What versions of automake and autoconf are you using?

$ automake --version | head -1
$ autoconf --version | head -1

Oh, also ... be sure to use GNU make when building (it should be
installed as 'gmake') if 'make' is not GNU make anyway. You can check
with:

$ make --version

> I'll try to read the notes the error points to tomorrow, to see if I can
> figure anything out.
>
> Rainer
> (Figured I may as well do this quickly, since the Sun Download Center is
> plugged right up... :-)

Yeah. I was getting 160kb/s on my ISOs ... then when I was half way
through disk three, Slashdot announced the release.

24 hours later I'm still downloading disk 4. Grr.

--
Craig Ringer