[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Sol10 continued

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Wed Feb 2 07:36:17 CET 2005

Rainer Heilke wrote:

> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 19:19 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>>
>>> sxwim.cpp: In constructor `SxwIm::SxwIm(QString, gtWriter*, bool)':
>>> sxwim.cpp:80: error: parse error before numeric constant
>>> sxwim.cpp:81: error: base operand of `->' is not a pointer
>>> sxwim.cpp:82: error: base operand of `->' is not a pointer
>>> sxwim.cpp:83: error: type `int' argument given to `delete', expected
>>> pointer
>>

>> Also, I note this in your previous post on the topic: "I tried tar'ing
>> up the tree, copying it to the Solaris system, and building there, but
>> it keeps failing.". Is there any chance you can do a clean checkout on
>> the Solaris box, or 'make distclean', to see if that helps? I can't
>> really imagine how, but ... well, it's worth a try.
>
> The make failed at the exact same spot, same error.

I've done a clean cvs on the Solaris system, and did the make -f
Makefile.cvs. This finished, but had an error part-way through. I'm not
sure, but this may help point to something (I'm trying a build anyway).
The error was:

*** Creating aclocal.m4
/usr/local/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:36: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_WXCONFIG
*** Creating configure

I'll try to read the notes the error points to tomorrow, to see if I can
figure anything out.

Rainer
(Figured I may as well do this quickly, since the Sun Download Center is
plugged right up... :-)