[Scribus] Wiki Spam

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell
Tue Dec 13 22:21:21 CET 2005

We've been suffering through a similar issue with mediawiki at Digital
Medievalist. It is a tough issue. No solutions, I'm afraid, as the ones
we are looking into are mediawiki specific.

-d
On Tue, 2005-13-12 at 22:13 +0100, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Craig Bradney napisa?(a):
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Due to the ever increasing amount of wiki spam, I've locked down creation of
> > accounts.
> >

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to add to this, that if anybody on this mailing list can
> provide a working solution to stop Scribus Wiki spammers while allowing
> "normal" users to register and edit wiki articles, this  would be the
> right moment to step forward and volunteer for it.
>
> Personally, I don't like Craig spending so much of his valuable time on
> cleaning this spam mess instead of developing Scribus, and this is
> exactly what has been happening over and over again for the last couple
> of months.
>
> cheers
> Maciej

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Acting Chair and Associate Professor of English
Director, Digital Medievalist Project
<http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4