[Scribus] Scribus current working directory

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Wed Dec 7 21:00:54 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:55:25PM -0600, John Griessen wrote:

> I have read some past posts discussing the directory pointed to by the
> "get image" menu-pick and the "save file as" menu-pick.
>
> Some argue they like the way it is.  I see such a wide audience there will be no
> one way to do things, and wonder if I figured out how to add a preference choice
> or command line option used when Scribus starts, if it would be accepted by the
> developers?
>
> In Scribus 1.32 from cvs, I am getting "the last dir Scribus was pointing at"
> for the get image menu pick.
> I am getting "user home dir" for save file as menu pick.
>
> I would like to be able to change these to "directory Scribus started from"  or
> some dir given on the command line after the program name, such as
> scribus132 .
>
> (scribus132 is the name for my current version of Scribus executable, and . is
> "this dir" in bash command interpreter.)
>
> That would be easier for me to use with my work style.   Who else thinks so?

I'd like to have PDFs default to the same directory as the Scribus file
they are made from. It always buggers me and I may even have printed an
outdated flyer with errors because of this (plus being inattentive of
course).

I'd propose the following:
- Have a history of recently used directories available.
- Make stuff configurable, e.g. "remember directories per document",
  "use document directory as starting point" for each "get image", "save
  as", "export to" and "open"

Bye, Tino.