[Scribus] Scribus current working directory

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Dec 8 00:07:50 CET 2005

Tino Schwarze wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:55:25PM -0600, John Griessen wrote:
>

>>I have read some past posts discussing the directory pointed to by the
>>"get image" menu-pick and the "save file as" menu-pick.
>>
>>Some argue they like the way it is.  I see such a wide audience there will be no
>>one way to do things, and wonder if I figured out how to add a preference choice
>>or command line option used when Scribus starts, if it would be accepted by the
>>developers?
>>
>>In Scribus 1.32 from cvs, I am getting "the last dir Scribus was pointing at"
>>for the get image menu pick.
>>I am getting "user home dir" for save file as menu pick.
>>
>>I would like to be able to change these to "directory Scribus started from"  or
>>some dir given on the command line after the program name, such as
>>scribus132 .
>>
>>(scribus132 is the name for my current version of Scribus executable, and . is
>>"this dir" in bash command interpreter.)
>>
>>That would be easier for me to use with my work style.   Who else thinks so?
>>

>I'd like to have PDFs default to the same directory as the Scribus file
>they are made from. It always buggers me and I may even have printed an
>outdated flyer with errors because of this (plus being inattentive of
>course).
>
>I'd propose the following:
>- Have a history of recently used directories available.
>- Make stuff configurable, e.g. "remember directories per document",
>  "use document directory as starting point" for each "get image", "save
>  as", "export to" and "open"

I think a practical solution is to have everything reset to default
values, which can be set by the user. It would be OK to "stick" to a
value while the program is running, that is usually useful, but once you
shut it down, everything should go back to the user-assigned defaults.

Greg