[Scribus] Scribus and Mac - last instalment for now

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Aug 13 17:45:23 CEST 2005

Elaine coolowl wrote:

>Each to his/her own - programming is not for me. I'm grateful to my
>friend for introducing me to Macs - I was 58 when I bought my first
>computer. Had it been a doze machine or something more complex which
>needed tweaking and command typing I would not still be using a
>computer. Now at 63, there's a few precious years left which, for me,
>are better spent in the garden, travelling and being with my partner,
>than mistressing the intricacies of C:\ or the *nix equivalent.

Yes, to each her own, but like many things, much depends on the frame of
mind. The intrincacies of *nix are like the intricacies of a foreign
language, yet one without a particular place.  Fortunately, there are
translators and "travel guides" who can help when you want.

Greg