[Scribus] Adding Fonts To Scribus

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Tue Aug 2 17:25:00 CEST 2005

On 8/2/05, Redefined Horizons <redefined.horizons at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently running Debian Sarge and the GNOME 2.0.
>
> I'm having some trouble adding fonts to Scribus.
>
> In Scribus' Font Dialog I have added the paths to the folders on my
> file system that contain fonts, but no additional fonts become
> available.
>
> What type of fonts does Scribus support? Is there an additional step
> or configuration that I am missing?

You have to set up the additional fonts in X, as far as I know.  I
have successfully added truetype fonts by following the instructions
on this page:

http://linux.org.mt/article/ttfonts

I use Fedora, but I think the instructions work on just about any
distro; they refer to generic utilities.

If you add a new font directory, and you want X to re-read the font
paths from the config file, and you don't want to restart X, run 'xset
fp rehash' (I think).  When I restarted xfs while X was running, bad
things happened, so don't try that. :)

If you still can't see the fonts, check that the permissions on the
font files are correct (everyone needs at least read permission, I
think) - sometimes they get messed up if you extract them from a zip.

Cheers
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
--Registered Linux User #334504--