[Scribus] Colour management...

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 22 00:05:10 CEST 2005

Asif Lodhi wrote:

> Actually, I have to write my resume and I want to read the
> documentation, go through the tutorial and write the resume at the
> same time as a first real exercise.

I'm very impressed with the effort that has been generated to help Asif
with his problem, but I worry he is getting himself sidetracked worrying
so much about colour management.
I use Scribus quite a bit for generating photo albums with captions and
commentary after I come home from vacation.  I have lcms installed, but
I don't bother with profiles, because I'm just printing on my HP
Photosmart printer, which does a great job either from Scribus or from
the PDF via acroread.
I would hope at some point Asif starts the learning curve with the main
features of using Scribus -- he can always fiddle around with colour
management later (and only if needed).
I'm pretty obsessive-compulsive myself (and I suspect there is a high
incidence of obsessive-compulsive people who work with DTP, especially
on this list), but it helps to know when (and how) to turn it off sometimes.

Greg