[Scribus] Re: Can't get colour management working

Steve deRosier stevepub
Thu Apr 21 22:52:53 CEST 2005

> We are a step ahead of you :-)  It is now fixed in 1.2.2cvs.
>
> See : http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1534
>
> This also fixes the "Why is PDF/X-3 tab disabled?" question.

Cool.  Must have been a good idea I had then. ;)

>>Even better, we might want to construct our own profiles that we
>>can ship (easier said then done?) and automatically install so that
>>things just work.
>
> The problem is finding a meaningful CMYK profile which we can ship.

Yeah, I don't know anything about that.  There's got to be a way to generate one.  I'm sure it's not this simple, but:  take a calibrated scanner/monitor, make up some sort of test page, print it up, scan it and use the diff between the original and the printed output to create the profile?  Could one of the tools in the lcms package be used to generate this, or some the lcms code be canibalized to a new purpose?

- Steve