[Scribus] Re: Can't get colour management working (was: URGENT)

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Thu Apr 21 17:00:08 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:24:18PM +0500, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Yes. Now there is no asterisk being displayed after the Build ID in the
> Scribus' About DialogBox and I see "C-C-T" after the Build ID instead of
> "*C...." (which was displayed after the About Dialog's Build ID previously).
> In addition, when starting up and displaying the spash screen, I now also
> partially see a "...ICC Profiles" message at the bottom of the splash in
> addition to many other messages that rattle past. However, I cannot see any
> color management option anywhere in Scribus. I am following Bhushan's
> excellent tutorial and at the initial "Get Picture ..." stage, when I select
> the "Image" option from the picture's properties dialog, nothing close to
> color management appears in the properties dialog. I thoroughly searched
> each and every option in Scribus to find the configured ICC profiles support
> but in vane. I wonder what I am doing wrong! Do I need to reformat my hard
> disk, install FC3 from the scratch and then freshly install lcms and
> Scribus?

NO! Re-installing is Windows-like. A Linux can usually be fixed.

> Yes, I have these files in the "/usr/local/lib/scribus/profiles" and
> "$HOME/.scribus/profiles" directories:
> CMY.icm, ITUFAX.ICM, LCMSLABI.ICM, LCMSXYZI.ICM, MONOSCNR.ICM, SRGBSPAC.ICM,
> YCC601.icm, YCC709.icm, lcmstiff8.icm, sRGB Color Space Profile.ICM,
> Tifflab8spac.icm, tr01_d50.icm - I can't tell an ICC profile file from a

You need a printer profile. These don't look like printer profiles.
Download the Adobe printer profiles from
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html#ICC
and probably the recommended ECI profiles from
http://www.eci.org/eci/en/060_downloads.php

HTH! Tino.