[Scribus] speed problem once more

Uwe Fechner ufechner
Fri Apr 15 09:11:15 CEST 2005

Hello,

just to make shure, there is no hardware/ configuration issue:

What is the output of the following command (as root):

hdparm -t /dev/hda3

I get:
/dev/hda3:
Timing buffered disk reads:  162 MB in  3.04 seconds =  53.25 MB/sec
(60 GB Harddisk, 7200 rpm)

(Instead of hda3 type the name of the partition, where you store your files.
To find out the correct name, type
df -h
)

Are you shure, more than 10% of your diskspace is free?

What gives:
free
as result?

I get:
Mem:        514404     267360     247044          0       3072     120756
-/+ buffers/cache:     143532     370872
Swap:       530136         56     530080

In my case I have 370872 Bytes free memory (this is the number, that
counts.)

If you work with a large amount of text, you should edit it using the
integrated
text editor.
There is a known speed issue if you edit text in the WYSIWYG mode, it
will be improved
a little bit in the 1.3 version of scribus.

Regards:

ufechner