mailing list lingua franca was Re: [Scribus] plug - ins....

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Apr 11 16:19:30 CEST 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 16:04, Carol Kankelborg wrote:
> Thomas R. Koll wrote:
> > Hi Normann,
> >
> > Though maybe 10% onlist will understand your German, please use
> > English instead of German.
>
> No one has responded to this, so I feel I must. Is this a change in
> policy on the list?
>
> In my few years subscribed to this list I have
> seen numerous posts in German and other non-english languages
> and have never seen a complaint about them. They are ignored
> by those who don't speak the language and answered by those
> who do. So I was surprised to see this reply.

So was I. There has been no change of policy. Please feel free to write to the
list in your native language, and assuming someone understands its, someone
should probably reply.

The team itself can read or write fully or get by in:
English (US, GB, AU :) )
Czech
Finnish
French
German
Luxembourgish
Polish
Slovak
Swedish

Other contributors can reply in more languages I'm sure.

MOST posts are in English, and we do make announcements in English, however
there is no requirement for users to post in English. Team members may
actually reply in English if thats all they can write, even if they
understand another language.

regards
Craig