[Scribus] Still strange: Imported PDFs with only 72 ppi

David Purton dcpurton
Fri Apr 8 10:09:34 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 09:40:34AM +0200, Eilert wrote:

> PLinnell schrieb:
> >On Friday 08 April 2005 08:58, Eilert wrote:
> >
> >>There is still this strange thing that my Scribus (1.2) imports pdf
> >>in only 72 ppi. What could be the reason?
> >>
> >>So this is what I do: Make a picture frame, pressing right mouse
> >>button, choose "Loading picture", choose pdf.
> >>
> >>Maybe that's the wrong way, but I don't find any other one (Import
> >>just offers SVG, EPS etc.). I tried pdfs from different sources,
> >>OOo 1.x and 2, Windows (Distiller), no difference. I tried to
> >>explicitly make them in higher resolutions up to 1200 - no help.
> >>
> >>Any ideas?
> >>
> >>Rolf
> >>

> >If you are running 1.2, it's old and 1.2.1 has been out for 3 months.
> >1.2.2cvs is the latest stable and is available in tarball, debs and
> >suse rpms, as well as from CVS.
> >
> >The preview generated on import is 72dpi, but when exported as pdf or
> >printed, it will print at the correct resolution.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Peter
>
> No, it's 1.2.1, just forgot to type the .1 :-)
>
> That is the strange thing: What is printed is the preview, not the pdf,
> i. e. when I print the page with the pdf on it, the pdf will appear with
> only 72 ppi. But I'll try to export the thing to pdf again, I'm not
> sure, but I think I didn't try that yet. Just a minute...
>
> Yepp, that's fine! At least a workaround...

Oh yeah - that's right. I remember now while I was looking through the
src I think this is hard coded. I changed it to 300dpi I think in mine -
might even be like that in my cmyk colour patch - can't remember off the
top of my head.

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a