[Scribus] Still strange: Imported PDFs with only 72 ppi

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Fri Apr 8 09:40:34 CEST 2005

PLinnell schrieb:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 08:58, Eilert wrote:
>
>>There is still this strange thing that my Scribus (1.2) imports pdf
>>in only 72 ppi. What could be the reason?
>>
>>So this is what I do: Make a picture frame, pressing right mouse
>>button, choose "Loading picture", choose pdf.
>>
>>Maybe that's the wrong way, but I don't find any other one (Import
>>just offers SVG, EPS etc.). I tried pdfs from different sources,
>>OOo 1.x and 2, Windows (Distiller), no difference. I tried to
>>explicitly make them in higher resolutions up to 1200 - no help.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Rolf
>>

> If you are running 1.2, it's old and 1.2.1 has been out for 3 months.
> 1.2.2cvs is the latest stable and is available in tarball, debs and
> suse rpms, as well as from CVS.
>
> The preview generated on import is 72dpi, but when exported as pdf or
> printed, it will print at the correct resolution.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

No, it's 1.2.1, just forgot to type the .1 :-)

That is the strange thing: What is printed is the preview, not the pdf,
i. e. when I print the page with the pdf on it, the pdf will appear with
only 72 ppi. But I'll try to export the thing to pdf again, I'm not
sure, but I think I didn't try that yet. Just a minute...

Yepp, that's fine! At least a workaround...

Thanks for your hints!

Rolf