[Scribus] Still strange: Imported PDFs with only 72 ppi

PLinnell mrdocs
Fri Apr 8 09:11:41 CEST 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 08:58, Eilert wrote:
> There is still this strange thing that my Scribus (1.2) imports pdf
> in only 72 ppi. What could be the reason?
>
> So this is what I do: Make a picture frame, pressing right mouse
> button, choose "Loading picture", choose pdf.
>
> Maybe that's the wrong way, but I don't find any other one (Import
> just offers SVG, EPS etc.). I tried pdfs from different sources,
> OOo 1.x and 2, Windows (Distiller), no difference. I tried to
> explicitly make them in higher resolutions up to 1200 - no help.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Rolf

If you are running 1.2, it's old and 1.2.1 has been out for 3 months.
1.2.2cvs is the latest stable and is available in tarball, debs and
suse rpms, as well as from CVS.

The preview generated on import is 72dpi, but when exported as pdf or
printed, it will print at the correct resolution.

Cheers,

Peter