[Scribus] Re: Typography: numbers

James Hatridge hatridge
Thu Apr 7 16:42:24 CEST 2005

Hi Christoph et al...
On Wednesday 06 April 2005 01:02, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> just a little question about correct English typography of numbers for
> those with eperience in the field.
>
> It's common use to separate triple digits in numbers > or = 1000 either
> with a comma (English) or a dot (most other languages).
>
> However, this is incorrect, at least in German typography, where you
> should use 1000, 10 000, 100 000, 1 Million etc.

This came up in a Berlin math class one time. In the US, England, and one
other small country (don't remember who), the correct way is 10,000.00 all
other lands do it 10.000,00. This is a "PIA" for me using a German keyboard
and my American speadsheets. I click the "," for the "." my speadsheet gives
me an error. Oh well...

Later,

JIM

--
Jim Hatridge
Linux User #88484

????? ????? Viel Feind -- Viel Ehr'
????? Anti-US Propaganda stamp collection
? http://www.fuzzybunnymilitia.org/~hatridge/collection/index.php