[Scribus] CinePaint

Robin Rowe rower
Wed Apr 6 00:11:06 CEST 2005

Frank,

> PSP can be setup to be fast, very fast, much faster than Photoshop for
> production work.

I'm a huge fan of Paintshop Pro version 5. I love it's speed and elegant
simplicity.

> When you think that PSP and FontLab, as does Scribus, use Python you would
> think Gimp would go that way too.

Doesn't GIMP support Python? CinePaint does and we reused their code for
that.

> We need cut-and-paste, drag-and-drop between Scribus and Gimp don't you
> think, to make the work flow quicker.

DnD is an area where CinePaint needs improvement.

> Sure wish Gimp or Scribus has a built-in image browser.

CinePaint is adding an image browser later this year, either by adapting
flphoto or creating from scratch. Instead of a built-in image browser we
want to share it as a program with DnD across apps.

Cheers,

Robin
Robin.Rowe at MovieEditor.com   Beverly Hills, California
www.CinePaint.org - Open source digital motion picture software