[Scribus] Re: No Speeding Zone

wayne iw
Mon Apr 4 20:17:09 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 03:39 am, James Hatridge wrote:

> Hi Wayne et al...
>
> On Friday 01 April 2005 19:49, wayne wrote:
> > I found the problem. The speed problem occurs when you link text frames
> > from the first page to the second, then back to the first page again.
> > Scribus slows down considerably. Try opening the storyboard editor and
> > see.
> >
> > In my case, I'm making a flyer which will be folded in half and printed
> > on both sides. The half pages are numbered 4-1 on the first Scribus page
> > and 2-3 on the second Scribus page. I have 2 pairs of linked text frames
> > going from 1 to 2 then from 2 to 3, then back to 4 (on the first Scribus
> > page).
> >
> > Also, this slowdown pretty much only happens when on the first Scribus
> > page. Move to the second Scribus page and everything speeds up again.
>
> I do the same thing with a 20 page stamp bulletin. There is an easyer way
> of doing this. Personally I set up Scribus for 20x A5 pages, one after the
> other. When I'm done with the layout I print it to a PS file. Using
> "pstops" (part of the psutils package) I give this command:
>
> pstops -b -q 2:-1L at 1\(21cm,0\)+0L at 1\(21cm,14.85cm\) infile.ps outfile.ps
>
> This turns each page and put the right pages together on a single page. You
> can then print by using KGhostview (or whatever). If you are using US size
> paper you will need to play with the placement of each page.

That's fine but it still does not solve my problem of the slowdown when
linking pages back to the first page. Before I enter a bug report, I just
wanted to see if other people encountered this problem too. So far, no one
else has, so it might be something wrong with my configuration or hardware.
But then again, it might not.

The reason I do it this way is because it's simple, easy (it's only a 1 sheet-
4 page document), and one can spot orphan or widow problems right away.

Wayne