[Scribus] Re: No Speeding Zone

James Hatridge hatridge
Sun Apr 3 15:39:43 CEST 2005

Hi Wayne et al...
On Friday 01 April 2005 19:49, wayne wrote:
> I found the problem. The speed problem occurs when you link text frames
> from the first page to the second, then back to the first page again.
> Scribus slows down considerably. Try opening the storyboard editor and see.
>
> In my case, I'm making a flyer which will be folded in half and printed on
> both sides. The half pages are numbered 4-1 on the first Scribus page and
> 2-3 on the second Scribus page. I have 2 pairs of linked text frames going
> from 1 to 2 then from 2 to 3, then back to 4 (on the first Scribus page).
>
> Also, this slowdown pretty much only happens when on the first Scribus
> page. Move to the second Scribus page and everything speeds up again.

I do the same thing with a 20 page stamp bulletin. There is an easyer way of
doing this. Personally I set up Scribus for 20x A5 pages, one after the
other. When I'm done with the layout I print it to a PS file. Using
"pstops" (part of the psutils package) I give this command:

pstops -b -q 2:-1L at 1\(21cm,0\)+0L at 1\(21cm,14.85cm\) infile.ps outfile.ps

This turns each page and put the right pages together on a single page. You
can then print by using KGhostview (or whatever). If you are using US size
paper you will need to play with the placement of each page.

If you have any questions email me off list.

Hope this helps,

JIM
--
Jim Hatridge
Linux User #88484

????? ????? Viel Feind -- Viel Ehr'
????? Anti-US Propaganda stamp collection
? http://www.fuzzybunnymilitia.org/~hatridge/collection/index.php