[Scribus] Newbie: Preferences dialog greyed out

John nesredep
Sun Apr 3 20:59:40 CEST 2005

> I gather it had Australian origin. Its developer saw the handwriting
> on the wall and gave up on it. In fact, gave up on program development
> altogether, and, if I recall recorrectly, entered California
> politics. He wouldn't release it or sell the code, unfortunately.

I don't know about that part, but my recollection is that it did
indeed come from the OS/2 world, and I seem to recall that it was sold
to somebody, near the end. They then produced a single CD with
versions for OS/2, WinNT, Win95, and even a 16-bit version for Win3.1.
 It was called Describe Voyageur.  This came out in '95, with another
CD updated version in '96, and I never heard any more.

It was a pleasure to use, much like Scribus in that sense.

John