[Scribus] Newbie: Preferences dialog greyed out

Riku Leino riku
Sun Apr 3 01:00:10 CEST 2005

Haines Brown kirjoitti viestiss??n (l?hetysaika Saturday 02 April 2005 19:56):
> Following the tutorial, I open a new document, and a New Document
> dialog appears. When it is dismissed, a new blank page is displayed,
> showing the margins I had set for the page. To create a frame, I go to
> Tools-->Properties to bring up the Properties dialog. It pops up, but
> it is greyed out.
>
> I must have missed something obvious.

Properties palette works on existing objects. What you'll need to do is create
a text frame. Click on the text frame button on the toolbar and draw your
frame. Now with the just created text frame selected open up the properties
palette and you are able to set the properties of the selected text frame.