[Scribus] September 23th CVS build.

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Mon Sep 27 07:25:54 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Sunday 26 September 2004 20:08, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>

>>These crashes have actually halted my playing with Scribus completely.
>>It happens whenever I try to add pages. I'm not about to make eight
>>one-page newsletters, and stitch together the PDF files. If anyone can
>>figure this out, I'd appreciate it.
>>

>We need more info. We dont see this problem, but letting us know what date you
>can build and get this issue with will help.

The last build that compiled was Sept 22. I guess it was under a week
ago--thought it's been longer. Work makes it feel like weeks. This one
and the previous (probably just two or three days earlier) were where
the crashes started.

>>Unfortunately, I can't even compile the newer CVS versions since this
>>started happening. During compile, I'm getting:
>><snip>
>>

>>Has the version of libart_lgpl required changed? I'd been compiling new
>>CVS's of Scribus steadily since about 1 - 1.5 weeks ago, roughly.
>>

>No.  Have you changed your gcc, your libart or libart_devel?
>
>Craig

Nope. The only thing that has changed was libxml, required by one of the
newer changes. I installed libxml2-2.6.13 and libxml2-sources-2.6.13 the
day before the latest compile (on the 21st, that is). I've been
deliberately not upgrading anything unless required by Scribus; since I
still can't get Solaris 10 to compile Qt in a way Scribus' configure is
happy, this JDS box was built for Scribus, and Scribus alone.

Thanks for the help.
Rainer