[Scribus] Windows port

dee deejay1
Thu Sep 16 13:45:28 CEST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:23:26 +0100
PFJ <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> The problem is the Win32 side. I have the educational licence at work
> which means I can build it happily (if they let me that is!) but the
> commercial licence is what costs. As the software does not fall under
> the badge of education (as far as the Trolls are concerned),
> development would need the commercial version - which they're not that
> willing to let out.

You mean you have asked them (Trolltech) about a free (as in beer :)
commercial licence and they said no. Eh, so the PSI folks just had luck
with getting 3 "free" commercial licences together with maintenance.

> I'm still hopeful of coming to a compromise with my employers over
> this, but it may not happen for a while.

I know it's hard, software vendors are just to powerful (eg. "if you do
this and this you won't get a price discount from us anymore").

> For the record though, I have got a version running moderately stable
> here of the 1.1.6 branch natively under win32. Nothing is
> impossible....

Good to hear, anyway if sometime there'll be someone needed for testing
I have a couple of win32 boxes lying around (from win 95 OSR2 to XP Pro)
even with VC++ (academic licence so I can't put out the build's)

--
DeeJay1