[Scribus] How to Print Spreads in Scribus 1.2

Manfred Jung mjung
Fri Sep 10 01:19:11 CEST 2004

Hi

I am a newbi to Scribus so forgive me my ignorance. But first of all thanks for Scribus
excellent work! Congrats!!!!

I have a document in scribus with A5 pages. These need to print on A4 lanscape 2 next
to each other. When I print in Scribus I get excellent results, but only one page per
sheet.

I have tried:
1. To export as EPS each page and import it again on a A4 but the fonts are all messed
up then. (BTW I discovered you cnt call a eps in Scribus just with a number it has to be
01.eps. Could Scribus put the extension there on its own?)

2. To export as PDF then create two Picture boxes and "get Picture." but the print looks
worse then with eps. When I print with Adobe Acrobate Reader 5.0.5 the PDFs print
fine.

I am using Scribus 1.2, Suse 9.1, hp LaserJet 1200 series (yes I set it to postscript level
2 when printing from scribus). There is nothing fancy on the page just text at this stage.

Any help is greatly appreciated. What am I overlooking?
Sory for my Ignorance. Is there not a way to print spreads like in Quark?

Thnakful for all your help MJ