[Scribus] How to Print Spreads in Scribus 1.2

dee deejay1
Fri Sep 10 10:05:41 CEST 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:19:11 +0200
"Manfred Jung" <mjung at lca.org.za> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a newbi to Scribus so forgive me my ignorance. But first of all
> thanks for Scribus excellent work! Congrats!!!!
>
> I have a document in scribus with A5 pages. These need to print on A4
> lanscape 2 next to each other. When I print in Scribus I get excellent
> results, but only one page per sheet.
>
> I have tried:
> 1. To export as EPS each page and import it again on a A4 but the
> fonts are all messed up then. (BTW I discovered you cnt call a eps in
> Scribus just with a number it has to be 01.eps. Could Scribus put the
> extension there on its own?)
>
> 2. To export as PDF then create two Picture boxes and "get Picture."
> but the print looks worse then with eps. When I print with Adobe
> Acrobate Reader 5.0.5 the PDFs print fine.
>
> I am using Scribus 1.2, Suse 9.1, hp LaserJet 1200 series (yes I set
> it to postscript level 2 when printing from scribus). There is nothing
> fancy on the page just text at this stage.

If you don't plan to use any images spanning two pages, you can try
printing your doc from Scribus to a file, then (if you have psutils
installed, if not, please install them first) and type in
psbook myfile.ps | psnup -Pa5 -2 > myfile_booklet.ps
Then if you have KDE installed type kprinter myfile_booklet.ps and print
it (if you don't have a duplexer in your printer, you'll have to print
the even and odd pages seperatly, after putting the printed paper back
into your printer).
If you don't have KDE use any print manager of your choice of course.

--
DeeJay1