[Scribus] Random crashes

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sat Oct 30 10:22:33 CEST 2004

Is anyone else experiencing semi-regular random crashes?

"Scribus exits with Signal 11".

This happens on a semi-regular basis on two machines that I'm using to
layout a (currently 40-page long) classified ad paper on.  It's not a
memory problem (one machine has 1.5gb of ram and the other has 1gb of
ram) and it's not particulary consistent or repeatable.

It happens most often (I think) when using the story editor and
highlighting some of the text using the mouse.

It happens for no particular reason at other times.  Do "something",
!crash!.  Re-load Scribus, re-load the document, do the same thing
again, and it works.