[Scribus] Trick but no Treat

Owen rcook
Sat Oct 30 02:54:51 CEST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:04:13 -0400
Tom2 <tjakabfy at idirect.com> wrote:

> OK, tried your link and it would not install. These are the errors.
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.
> scribus: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) but 2.3.2-7 is to be installed
> Depends: libcupsys2-gnutls10 (>= 1.1.20final-1) but it is not installable

If I was in your position, and desperatly needed to use Xandros, then I would take note of all the missing dependancies and install them manually.

You may then find a whole heap of other needed dependancies and so the problem goes on. It is life with debian distros as far as I can tell. It's a bit like trying to install the Gnome libraries from scratch.

If you want to try a later version of Scribus, use the one on the Knoppix-3.6 distro.

If you want to play with CVS builds, get a distro that is more up to date as far as libraries are concerned, (I use Mandrake, now up to 10.1) and download the needed files to bring it up to CVS standard, configure will generally tell you this. To cut down on other problems, make sure you install everything in /usr

A case of "You can't have your cake and eat it too"

--
Owen