[Scribus] svg import

David Christian Berg david
Thu Oct 21 15:43:29 CEST 2004

Oh well, I'm giving up on Scribus again, for now. I'm hoping for 1.3 :)
I have my svg wonderfully in scribus, but the export isn't quite all
that nice, I don't know, how to change the color settings that the
conversion from rgb to cmyk looks good, I don't see the objects
gradients, that are off the object (you said so, but I couldn't find the
gradient dialog).

What really pissed me before I got this far is:

everytime I create a new file, I have to switch all the prefs again.
There is no "save this as default".

I needed to create so many files, because my svg vanished. Every single
time I move the cursor of the page while scaling I'm not scaling but
moving the object... or something, but not what I expected.

I don't see the boundingbox of the object, one it's of the page, so I
have to first scale it small enough to fit on the page and then scale it
up again.

I can't find a transform dialog to place and scale my group by entering
numbers....

Sorry I'm a little frustrated right now. I don't like booting windows
for simple tasks as creating a proper pdf out of an svg, and I'm not
even sure, that it'll work with InDesign.

Still, I'm following the development of scribus with great interest!

David