[Scribus] digital printing with pruned (?) pictures

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke
Fri Oct 15 15:16:09 CEST 2004

Thanks for your quick reply.

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> "Bleed" is not supported yet.

Oh, very bad news. :-(

> There are two workarounds :

> 1. Leave your document as is and ask your printer to cut the job a
> little shorter.

I fear this is not possible. It is a digital print shop.

> If this is not possible:
>
> 2. Create a larger document, say 2 cm larger on each side as to have
> enough room to draw manually your crop marks.

And thats hard work. I'll have to ask a friend of mine to do the job
with Xpress. Very bad news. I was so proud of my work and want to show
him what is possible with Open Source.

If I do the job anyway I will provide the crop-mark-file so that it can be
included into the sample area of scribus. I think a lot of people will
need that.

I hope that "Bleed" will be implemented soon, because it is really vital.

juh