[Scribus] Resource: Some Lorem Ipsum links

Paul Bissex paul.bissex
Wed Oct 13 18:10:23 CEST 2004

> On Wednesday 13 October 2004 02:46, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:
> > For those who might, on occasion, require some filler text to test a
> > layout, here are some links to some "Lorem Ipsum" generators.

FWIW, and not to take anything way from these other sites or from
Scribus's built-in greeking generation, I have one of these too
(http://ungreek.toolbot.com).  Multiple source texts is its main
novelty.

It also has an undocumented API that makes it easy to invoke remotely,
e.g. from a Python script:

>>> import urllib
>>> text = urllib.urlopen("http://ungreek.toolbot.com/?RAW").read()
>>> print text
Ajn etna lingvo estas ligita al difinita perspektivo pri la mondo.
Individuo en la homara komunumo kun firmaj radikoj cxe sia loka.
Donante al ili la povon komuniki inter, lingvon gxis parola grado
Multokaze tio
[snip]

By default it uses the Esperanto Manifesto as its source text. To
discover the twiddlable parameters (for adding to the urlopen call),
just submit a request manually via your web browser and dissect the
URL.

pb

--
paul bissex, e-scribe.com -- database-driven web development
413.585.8095